ΠΡΟΚΗΡΥΞΗ ΘΕΣΗΣ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΑΣ: CAMPAIGNS MANAGER (CM)
Amnesty International International Secretariat
Amnesty International Sections/structures
Section’s Activism Coordinator
Section’s Advocacy Coordinator
Section’s Marketing and Communication Coordinator
Partner NGOs in Greece and abroad
Athens, with travel to other locations
Full Time 40 hours per week
Permanent position with one year trial period
20 March 2021
Applications accepted until:
1 March 2021
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 8 million people all over the globe who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we are applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
The Greek Section of Amnesty International (AI Greece) was founded in 1975 and is engaged since in actions to protect human rights in Greece and abroad.
What we offer:
Opportunity to work with a leading International Human Rights NGO
Full time position
A dedicated and friendly work environment
Overall purpose of job: This is a key position within AI Greece. The CM will be responsible for taking the lead on all of AI Greece’s campaigning and communication activities and for mobilizing the membership and supporters.
Financial responsibilities: The CM is responsible in collaboration with the Section Director for developing the section’s budget for campaigning and communication activities.
- To draft, implement and evaluate campaigning and communication actions and strategies for different audiences
- To mobilize and deploy AI Greece’s networks, activists, supporters, the community and other partners to take action for specific human rights issues within Greece and around the world
- To build AI Greece’s campaigning and youth activism capacity through training and support
- To cover duties of press officer by representing AI Greece to the media, writing press releases, blogs and promoting them to the media and building and strengthening relations with media, journalists and public actors. Also responsible for publishing in social media and all relevant channels of the organization
- To network effectively with other human rights NGOs and NGO coalitions within Greece so as to ensure synergy
- To encourage and facilitate the exchange of innovative and creative campaigning and activism ideas among AI Greece’s supporters, networks and activists
- To keep him/herself informed on international and domestic current affairs, as these may influence AI Greece’s campaigning activities
- To represent AI Greece to the media, governmental authorities, events, partner organisations, other relevant stakeholders and the public
- To travel within Greece, as needed, and to attend national and international meetings, conferences and training workshops, as the opportunities arise
- To plan and implement digital campaigning strategies, promote them through social media and other digital tools and be responsible for impact and evaluation reports.
Campaigning and communication skills and experience
Experience of strategic campaigning, including knowledge of the steps required to devise campaigning and communication strategy and a proven track record of successful campaign activities
Experience of drafting campaigning and communication materials and strategies for different audiences
People mobilization skills / activism
Ability to motivate and inspire others towards activism for change, including through creative and dynamic approaches and an understanding of digital campaigning tools and their appropriate use for target audiences to ensure both online and offline activism and mobilisation
Ability to lead a team and work within a team environment cooperating with all applicable structures
Training and facilitation skills
Ability to plan, facilitate and evaluate training in campaigning and activism events / mobilization
Ability to manage a demanding workload, meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities as required
Media and representation skills
Experience of representing an organization to the broadcast and print media, government, partner organizations and the public
Ability to develop contacts and build alliances with partner organizations
Commitment to human rights
Demonstrates a willingness to work in accordance with AI’s mission, vision and core values
Understanding of equal opportunities, cultural diversity and gender issues as well as a commitment to apply relevant policies
Extensive knowledge of the human rights situation in Greece
Creativity and innovation
Seeking innovative and creative ideas or fresh approaches to improve the quality of services offered (essential)
Demonstrably strong problem-solving skills
Demonstrating strong communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate complex information and institutional positions both verbally and in writing
Ability to understand and express ideas and information in English & Greek in a fluent, clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing
A high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel ; PowerPoint ; familiarity with designing programs and managing web/creating web content
Excellent command of English and Greek
How to apply
By email: HR@amnesty.org.gr by March 1st 2021
Your application should include a detailed CV and cover letter in English and Greek describing how you meet each and every requirement for the post. You should also include 2 people as reference contacts. AI Greece has the right to contact them upon job offering for additional information.
Your application should be submitted written in English and in Greek in the above e-mail address or by mail to: 30 Sina str, 106 72 Athens.
Incomplete applications will be dismissed.